- Thursday - flipper treatment with Adam in Ambleside. Getting better!
- Friday and Saturday - at Brathay Hall for Trustees Meeting
- Saturday - flipper foot hurting in the morning
- Saturday afternoon - decide to go ahead with serious test anyhow.
Serious test - run to Great Langdale Marathon course from Brathay. Run 1 lap (half marathon) of this magnificent brutal course. Run back to Brathay.
|My Beloved Langdale Course!|
Okay so that's ridiculous given I haven't done a serious run since early April! But if my foot goes wrong - and/or I run out of steam - what a glorious walk back!!
Lots of hurty-flipper for the first 5 minutes. Then I notice I'm really going rather well with no pain and excellent movement.
Hit the course - still going well and start remembering all my datum points from Challenge 30 - hard wired into my brain I suppose!
So as I hit 1 hour just leaving Chapel Stile - just as I would on a decent day during Challenge 30 - I had a real test of how I was performing. I also checked the time as I passed the Dungeon Ghyll (usual starting point).
- An hour after Chapel Stile I would normally be very close to Little Langdale - on Saturday I was well through Little Langdale!!
- And then an hour after the Dungeon Ghyll start would normally see me just off the Coniston Road on a good day. On Saturday I was nearly up to Skelwith Fold.
All unbelievable. In fact 2 amazing things:
- My foot didn't hinder my running at all - in fact it worked brilliantly
- My fitness allowed me to run full on for 16 miles on a brutally hilly course.
And the ongoing work with Adam Smith of designed2run is frankly remarkable.
I may yet run seriously again!! I'm almost daring to dream, to plan my next adventure - almost.....