Very tough, no nonsense sort of a run - very apt. Starting from the Bronte village of Haworth, straight up on to the Pennines, lots of climbing, bogs, mud, rocks and everything else very difficult.
And did I suffer - yes! To be honest I deserved to - two weeks on a lounger in Rhodes with no running is not the best preparation.
Also my recent training has been aimed at all round fitness with long distance running not featuring too highly. This is changing now as I have a fairly full event programme up to December:
- Great Langdale Marathon 22 September
- Kielder Marathon 7 October
- Preston Marathon 28 October
- Pembroke Coastal Challenge - Marathons on 2nd, 3rd, 4th November
- Broadmeadows Marathon 9 December
Over the next few weeks I am hoping to revamp this site with news and details of next year's final challenge. So please bear with intermittent posting.